Magellan 8400 bi-optic scanner
The Magellan 8400 bi-optic scanner is the highest performance 5-sided POS scanner available today. The 8400 improves operational efficiency by achieving outstanding first-pass read rates, and represents the next step in value and checkout productivity from the Magellan family and Datalogic, breaking previous records of performance, reliability and value.
The 8400 can be configured as either scanner or scanner/scale combination with Datalogic’s exclusive, patented All-Weighs® scale platter to ensure accurate produce and bulk food weighing at the checkout. Two remote scale display options are available; a single display on a pole and a dual display on a single pole for applications requiring separate displays for the cashier and customer. Magellan 8400 models are available in three lengths: long, medium, and short (scanner only) to accommodate various POS configurations.
Flash memory allows for easy software upgrades that help extend the life of the retailer’s investment. An auxiliary RS-232 port can be utilized in a variety of ways, including adding a handheld scanner or for programming.
- Aggressive and ergonomic 360° 5-sided scanning for best in class scanning performance.
- All-Weighs Scale Platter with integrated Produce Lift Bar or Produce Rail™ (Optional)
- First Strike advanced decoding software delivers the best performance in reading poor quality labels
- Powered auxiliary RS-232 port for easy integration of a handheld scanner
- Compatible with Mettler, Bizerba and other adaptive scales
- Optional Value Added Features:
- Host Download – Lowers Service Cost and Improves Operations
- Diagnostic Reporting – For improved preventative maintenance
- Productivity Index Reporting™ – Helps identify poorly printed labels
- Cashier Training™/ Ergonomic Index – Identifies Poor Scanning Habits